I think I like feta cheese better than mozzarella in frittatas, but this still turned out really good.
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat broiler
2. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to saute pan and bring to medium-low heat.
3. Saute onions, tomatoes, and garlic for 4 minutes. Add spinach and herbs and saute for another 3 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together eggs and egg whites. Add vegetable mixture and 1/2 cup shredded cheese to the eggs.
5. Coat bottom of pan with remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil. Pour mixture back into pan, cover, and cook for about 12 minutes or until eggs have set.
6. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese, then broil for 2 minutes or until top is browned.