Two days to go and then I’ll be flying home to Rochester, NY for a couple of weeks before my internship in Charlotte begins. As much as I love my life in Columbia, SC, it always feels good to go home, especially after 5 months without seeing my dog .
Today’s workout included a 30-minute elliptical session followed by 25 minutes of strength training.
- Barbell rows (for back): 30 pound bar; 3 sets 12 reps
- Bicep curls: 2 sets 12 reps @ 20 pound bar + 1 set 12 reps @ 30 pound bar
- Tricep extension: 10 pound weight; 3 sets 10 reps
- Lunges: 10 pound weights in each hand; 3 sets 12 reps; finished each set off with 4 bottom-half lunges
- Planks: 3 sets 45 seconds
- Plus some booty shaping moves
For lunch I made my spectacular new favorite sandwich/ wrap recipe. Two pieces of bread spread with 3 Tbsp tomato basil goat cheese, a couple slices of roasted red bell pepper, and a handful wilted spinach, grilled on the George Foreman. I also had a smoothie made with 1 cup almond milk, 1 banana, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, and a small handful of spinach.