Usually I’m the type of person that cannot sit still for more than two hours without becoming bored. I literally have to be entertaining myself at all waking hours of the day. I lack that endearing quality that allows myself to simply relax… I think I get it from my parents.
These past few days have been different, though. I guess I had such a busy last few weeks of this semester that it completely burned me out. It has been so nice to just lay around and do nothing all day. I laid out at the pool for 3 hours today… without putting sunscreen on. Seriously stupid, I know. I’m entirely prepared to wake up tomorrow looking like a hairless Elmo.
For dinner tonight I used up the last of my Stonewall Kitchen Curried Mango Grille Sauce and tried a recipe featured on their website, making a few tweaks.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup Curried Mango Grille Sauce
- 2 Tbsp light sour cream
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
It’s simple as combining all of the ingredients. I made a wrap out of it with a spinach Flatout.
How to make shredded chicken
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
2. Add thawed chicken breast, reduce heat to medium, and cover. Make sure not to cover the pot completely, but allow some space to let the steam escape.
3. Cook in water for 30-45 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from water and use forks and/or your fingers to shred the chicken.