I woke up really sore this morning from my first Bodypump class. Well actually it was my second, but the first time I went I had no idea what I was doing, was using all the wrong weights, and could not get out of there fast enough. Everyone I know loves that class, though, so I decided to give it another try. I still had to change out the weights a few different times- I tend to get a little ambitious and use weights that are way too heavy for me- but once I start to get the hang of it I think that I will really enjoy it.
I made it a personal goal to make strength training a part of my regular exercise routine, and this week marks its commencement. I went to Pilates on Tuesday and Bodypump yesterday, and I plan on fitting in one more strengthening session this week.
Breakfast this morning was a sweet, savory bowl of baked oatmeal made with applesauce, cinnamon, raisins, and walnuts.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups non dairy milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 Tbsp walnuts (or your nut of choice)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in an oven-safe bowl, top with ground cinnamon, and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
3. Allow 5 minutes for oats to cool, drizzle with a little honey, and dig in!